Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Crafty storage ideas: DIY Large Book Box




My room was in desperate need of a good storage system but I wanted something a bit different. Last year I took up decoupage (which is basically posh sticking and glueing!) and I fell in love straight away...

I'm going to be honest, is it quite time consuming, but the end result is definitely worth the work!

One of my very first projects was this large book box...
(All materials linked below)




(For a personal touch I added a picture of my Grandma to the front - the little square one, middle left)

I painted the inside and side edges in a base coat of white

Then painted the inside a lovey shade of green and a darker green for the inside edges





I covered it all over in black and white pictures that I had cut out from magazines using decoupatch glue and varnished




And finally coloured in the edges with a gold paint pen!




If you would like a more detailed step-by-step DIY then let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment