This is the last project I completed with my old sewing machine before it died, sniff!
Thankfully it died just before my birthday, so my wonderful parents decided they would get me a new one! I am so lucky!
The new one arrived this week but it was faulty so I've had to send it back to the shop and they are going to fix/replace it :)
Now you are updated, on to the project!
The top is made from a cotton fabric, the same that I used in this skirt I made for my Mami. I used my own pattern and I think it works really well.
My favourite part is the back, I love the sharp corners, especially at the top, and the contrast they make with the curve of the neck.
It's fully lined with a navy cotton fabric and trimmed on the shoulders and mid-bodice with a beautiful broderie anglais ribbon.
The bottom edge is finished with black satin bias binding (I tried a few hems and I though this worked the best)
I'm looking forward to wearing it in summer - hopefully not too long now!