Sunday, 15 March 2015

Sewing Sunday: Scripture Embroidery Hoop


And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28

It's Mother's Day today and I decided I wanted to make Mami a special something that's personal to her. I was so excited that I couldn't actually wait until today to give it to her so I gave it early! 
The embroidery is all in white. I used two types of stitch: Chain and Running. I added the blue and white bow as an extra little touch.
It's hard to capture the colour of the pink fabric, it's a very pretty, warm rosy/lilac. The same that I used in my Princess Dress.
The back is felt... I cut out a large circle using the embroidery hoop as the guide and glued it on with craft glue. Then all I did was added a black ribbon so that she could hang it wherever she fancies :)
It's my first time doing something like this. It's not perfect, but it's made with love.
Happy Mother's Day, Mum x





















No comments:

Post a Comment