Sunday, 5 April 2015

Sewing Sunday: Ruffle Apron


First of all, Happy Easter! This time is a great reminder that even in death Jesus has the victory because He conquered the grave! I hope you all have a blessed and wonderful day whatever you're doing.

11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you. 
- Romans 8:11

I made this apron for Mami and she loves it! It's her 'special' apron - she uses it when we have people over for lunch/dinner and wants to look glamorous!
The ruffle is 3m of the fabric and bias binding gathered... It took AGES! I recently got a gathering foot with my new machine so I'm excited to let that do the job for me from now on!
Overall, I used about 5m of bias binding because it's used for the ties too. I made the apron using the tutorial and pattern from a past issue of Sew Magazine (There's quite a few downloadable patterns on their website too).  
It was pretty simple and straight forward to construct - I even made a red version for my Grandma as well!











 Featuring Mary Berry's cook book!


Practicing my rolling skills...


Strong.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment