Sunday, 19 April 2015

Sewing Sunday: South African Trousers



This is the first pair of trousers I've ever made! My Uncle and Aunty kindly brought me back the fabric from their last trip to South Africa. It's a really cool print with threads of gold interweaved. 

To make them I used a free pattern that I got with Sew Magazine: Simplicity K1699, as a guide. I cropped them by shortening the pattern a little, and dded a couple of inches to the top to make them high-waisted.

This is also the first time I've sewn a lapped zipper (shown in the last two pictures) I've always been a little afraid of them because they were seemingly complicated.. Not the case! I'll definitely be using the technique more for future projects.

































2 comments:

  1. Great statement-making pants! And good job on the lapped zipper, really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just the coolest! I dig the print and the cropped length. And I love how you've styled the whole look!

    ReplyDelete