Sunday, 10 May 2015

Sewing Sunday: Little Girl's Dress



This is my take on a pattern that came in the May 2015 issue of Sew Magazine, from Wild Things by Kirsty Hartley.
I've always had a fear of kid's clothing because it requires more accuracy and it's quite fiddly - especially clothes for babies! (I tried to make my Goddaughter something for her when she was a bub.. it did not go well.. At all!)
Now she's a little older I decided to have another go and I'm so happy with the result. The Pattern and instructions were really easy to understand and follow. I also got to try out the buttonhole function on my new machine (LOVE IT).
I did a really simple heart appliqué in the same fabric I used for the facings and added big sparkly buttons for the closures... What little girl doesn't like sparkly buttons?!








No comments:

Post a Comment