Sunday, 3 January 2016

Sewing Sunday: Pink 80s Shirt



Hello and Happy New Year!
It's been a rough past few months (I had pneumonia) but I'm back with a bang and feeling awesome :)
Here's the last piece I made and photographed before all the germs... I hope you like!

I was so excited when I found this pattern for 30p !!THIRTY PENCE!! at a car boot sale!
The shawl collar was what really caught my eye - I think it looks so cool and makes for an interesting shirt, and sew.
I've never made a shirt before so it was a bit of a challenge, but one I really enjoyed. The cuffs and hemming the massive collar were probably the hardest parts.
I also managed to glue the iron twice and ruin the ironing board cover because of the lightweight interfacing I was using... Sorry mum!
In the end, I went for sew-in interfacing - much less stressful!

















1 comment:

  1. Nice scarf :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete